101 N Wacker
Job Category: Application Development
Job Number: 7069
Chicago Loop based well established and well known not-for -profit is seeking to add a junior level SQL Server Database Administrator to their support team.
General Job Description
The Junior SQL Server Database Administrator will provide support, database administration, and backup of several SQL databases. You will be responsible for database tasks, such as maintaining the integrity and security of the databases, assist with the implementation of software upgrades and custom interfaces, and provide prompt support and troubleshooting solutions to technical issues as they arise.
Candidates must have:
Additional desired skills:
- Knowledge of relational databases, and have database administration skills, specifically MS SQL Server 2012 and above, including experience in data modeling and experience creating SQL queries (simple/complex) and knowledge of stored procedures.
- Candidates will need to have a basic understanding of performance monitoring, troubleshooting, providing support and reporting issues.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) for source control and project management is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment is required
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with and collaborate with team members is required
- Demonstrated experience in creating and updating technical documentation is preferred
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of database schemas and relational concepts related to application support.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of SQL Analysis Services, Integration Services, Reporting Services, and Power BI (a plus)
- College Degree required
- SQL DBA Certifications a big plus