3005 Highland Parkway
Job Number: 7000
Senior Drupal Developer/Architect
Chicago suburban based educational Institution is looking to add a senior level Drupal Developer/Architect to their IT team. This position requires superior knowledge and solid experience working with Drupal. The successful candidate should have excellent analytical and communication skills, have a self directed work approach, and desire a position that will be both analytical and " hands on".
General Job Description:
The Senior Drupal Developer/Architect will be responsible for working 7-8 Drupal projects through the entire life cycle. You will serve as the technical lead, and be directly involved in the design, development, and testing of multiple Drupal sites. Additionally, you will be tasked to document and support the sites and extensions throughout the production life cycle.
- Effectively and consistently build and support Adtalem' s enterprise multi-site environment.
- Provide full lifecycle technical leadership on medium to large scale complex projects.
- Build UI with responsive capabilities.
- Complete website and CMS development using PHP/MySQL/Drupal.
- Oversee Drupal configuration management/sync.
- Advise and influence internal clients towards innovative/integrated solutions.
- Integrate modules after completing regression testing for incompatibilities and dependencies on other modules already in use.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years experience in application development.
- Acquia Drupal 7/8 Developer Certification (Developer, Front End Specialist, Back End Specialist) desired; Drupal 7/8 Grand Master Certification Preferred
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, Kanban), Standard SDLC, CMMI compliant projects Previous consulting/contracting experience.
- Experience upgrading and migrating legacy web applications.
- Ability to collaborate effectively, identify potential solutions and effectively communicate benefits.
- Possess a strong understanding of business processes, project management and planning, and time management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams, peers and clients.
- Self-motivated to contribute in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality of performance.
- Ability to evaluate and build solutions based on maintenance status, community usage, security issues, and the availability of documentation.
- Availability to provide “ on call” support, as required.