500 West Monroe
Job Category: Application Development
Job Number: 7060
Position Title: Solutions Architect /Web
Well recognised Chicagoland based educational institution is looking for and experienced Web Solutiions Architect to provide guidence and direction to their Web solutions approaches.
If you have a passion for leading and development exceptional enterprised based direction to Web based solutions, this position is for you.
- Architect the Company' s web applications portfolio, including the e-commerce web and custom-built sales CRM systems and other web applications.
- Ensure technical designs are in compliance with established architectural standards.
- Establish the technical vision and direction for the team as well as provide guidance, direction and support to application developers and technical designers.
- Evaluate and recommend application development and support technologies.
- Design solutions for high availability, enhanced functionality, and disaster recovery.
- Work with other architects on enterprise-wide IT strategies and technologies.
- Stay current with technology trends and help migrate to technologies that are best fit for the organization.
- Recommend alternatives for application portfolio migration that best align with business needs plus optimize maintainability and performance.
- Bachelor' s degree. Master’ s degree a plus.
- 7+ years of IT experience with 5+ years in a lead design or architectural capacity focused on Web
- Experience with large-scale e-commerce web applications a big plus.
- Experience with content distribution systems a plus.
- Experience with strategy, designing and building web based applications
- Experience working with Agile development frameworks a plus.
- Clear understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Strong understanding of database design and implementation.
- Adept at producing architectural diagrams and presentations for use in communications with various levels of management and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, determine appropriate actions and complete projects with little direction.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a multi-project environment while ensuring production systems are up and performing well.
- A degree in Computer engineering or commesurate experience