3005 Highland Parkway
Job Category: Application Development
Job Number: 7000
Position Title: Web Application Manager
Chicago suburban based educational Institution is looking to add a senior level Web Application Development Manager to their IT team. This position requires superior knowledge and solid experience in development, providing both managerial and technical ditection to a development team. The sucessful candidate should have excellent analytical and communication skills, have a self directed work approach, and desire a position that will be both analytical and " hands on".
General Job Description:
The Web development Manager be responsible for leading a 5-6 member team, working and leading on 7/8 projects through the entire life cycle.
They will also be very hands on, serve as the technical lead, and being directly involved in the design, development, and testing of multiple Drupal sites. Resposibilities will also include documenting and supporting the sites and extensions throughout the production life cycle.
- Effectively and consistently building and supporting the company' s enterprise multi-site environment.
- Providing full lifecycle technical leadership on medium to large scale complex projects.
- Building UI with responsive capabilities.
- Complete website and CMS development using PHP/MySQL/Drupal.
- Oversee Drupal configuration management/sync.
- Advising and influencing internal clients towards innovative/integrated solutions.Strong background in TMS
- Integrating modules after completion of regression testing for incompatibilities and dependencies on other modules already in use.
Candidates must have:
- 5-7 years experience in application development.
- Acquia Drupal 7/8 Developer Certification (Developer, Front End Specialist, Back End Specialist) desired; ( Drupal 7/8 Grand Master Certification Preferred)
- Experienced working within an Agile environment (SCRUM, Kanban), Standard SDLC, CMMI compliant projects
- Previous consulting/contracting experience.(desired)
- Experience upgrading and migrating legacy web applications.
Personal Skills required:
- Ability to collaborate effectively, identify potential solutions and effectively communicate benefits.
- Possess a strong understanding of business processes, project management and planning, and time management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams, peers and clients.
- Ability to evaluate and build solutions based on maintenance status, community usage, security issues, and the availability of documentation.
- Availability to provide “ on call” support, as required.
- Degree in Computer Science or advanced degree (strongly preffered)
- Acquia Drupal 7/8 Developer Certification (strongly desired)
- Drupal 7/8 Grand Master Certification Preferred (a BIG plus)