3005 Highland Parkway
Job Category: Project Management
Job Number: 6990
Position Title: Web/Mobility Applications Manager
Chicago suburban based educational Institution is looking to add a senior level Applications Manager specialised in Web or Mobility development, to join their IT team. This position requires superior knowledge and solid leadership experience working with development teams.
The sucessful candidate should have excellent analytical, technical, and communication skills, have a self directed work approach, able to lead development teams in a fast paced development environment. The sucessful candidate should have desire a position that will be both leading teams and " hands on".
General Job Description:
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for working and leading development efforts and teams on highly technical projects through the entire life cycle. They will also be very hands on, serve as the technical advisor and team mentor lead, and being directly involved in the design, development, and testing of multiple project initiatives.Resposibilities will also include documenting and supporting the sites and extensions throughout the production life cycle.
- Effectively leading the development efforts of teams on multiple concurent projects.
- Consistently building and supporting the company' s enterprise multi-site environment.
- Providing full lifecycle technical leadership on medium to large scale complex projects.
- Follow established project management methodologies (Agile / Waterfall) throughout all projects, as well as using your own expertise to update current - and develop new - project management processes.
- Work independently with minimal direct supervision as you direct activities of the project teams and communicate with the appropriate team leads or managers.
- Ability to take projects from scoping requirements through actual launch, providing input and decision making around budgets, and the creation of policies and processes.
- Four or more years of experience directly supervising and developing employees – including hiring, addressing performance deficiencies and termination.
Job Responsibilities will include:
Produce, manage and review the following:
- Project requirements/specifications. Detailed project schedule including WBS, project plan, dependencies and resource constraints
- Project communication plan(Internal, external, informal and formal)
- Project Issue and risk logs
- Project roles and responsibilities and project budgets
- Provide resource planning, scheduling and actual resource task, hours, & budget targets - and document the variances
- Manage project mitigation strategies (Schedule, budget and resources)
- Participate in executive project review meetings.
- Present concise presentations on project objectives, issues, status and current project health.
- Mitigate and resolve any project conflicts.
- Define the best method/approach for project execution, based on established project management guidelines and processes (e.g., SDLC/Waterfall, Lean, Agile, Rapid Application Development, etc.).
- Ensure that established project controls, policies and procedures are being executed and are effective.
- Follow up with team members, stakeholders, and clients when necessary to ensure accurate understanding of the project’ s health.
- Lead or participate in product and vendor evaluations.
- Lead or participate in product testing and product training.
- Conduct performance evaluations of the project team members.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years application development experience in front end Web or Mobility (android/OIS) technology environments
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as an Application project manager or project lead with Frontend Web technology experience and product development along with proven management skills.
- Strong experience and understanding of front end development. ( Ideal person will be somebody with development background and grown into a manager.)
- Strong team facilitation skills and excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with project management tools (e.g., MS Project).
- Experienced with WebServices
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal or AEM)
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery approach, Agile expertise/exp.
- Intimate understanding of application development in both Waterfall and Agile environments
- Knowledge of MS Project
Required personal Skills:
- Proactive and effective leadership and mentorship ability. Able to motivate and direct a team to produce high quality and well constructed applications that support busness requirements
- Comfotablle and experienced working with business stakeholders and senior IT management
- Highly organised, and self directed work approach with a keen attention to quick response and day to day project detail
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience work experience